Tropical Storm Nicole is bringing heavy rain to Northern Florida and Southern Georgia.
Current Position and Speed:
ABOUT 40 MI...65 KM SE OF TALLAHASSEE FLORIDA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...40 MPH...65 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NW OR 315 DEGREES AT 15 MPH...24 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...990 MB...29.24 INCHES
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for...
* The Flagler/Volusia county line Florida to Altamaha Sound Georgia
* Aripeka to Indian Pass Florida
A Storm Surge Warning is in effect for...
* Flagler/Volusia County Line Florida to Altamaha Sound Georgia
* Mouth of the St. Johns River to Georgetown Florida
* Anclote River Florida to Ochlockonee River Florida
Maximum sustained winds have decreased to near 40 mph (65 km/h) with higher gusts. These winds are mainly occurring over the Gulf of Mexico to the south and southwest of the center. Nicole is forecast to weaken to a depression tonight, and then it is expected to dissipate as it merges with a frontal boundary over the Mid-Atlantic United States by Friday night.
Tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 175 miles (280 km) from the center. Wind gusts to near tropical storm force have been reported in the Tallahassee, Florida area.